Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, but don’t worry if you don’t have anything planned yet. Here are some great ideas!
Make a heart-shaped pizza
We are definitely making heart-shaped pizzas this year. Most grocery stores and Italian delis will sell refrigerated dough that you can roll out (or hand toss if you’re extra fancy) into a heart shape. If you can’t find pizza dough to shape, just buy a regular round crust and cut it into a heart shape. Spread some melted garlic butter on the excess pieces and bake them up into some bread sticks.
I usually make a pizza with pesto sauce, tomatoes, grated parmesan and shrimp. It looks fancy, but it is so easy to put together.
Make a special dinner at home
Some menu suggestions:
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes from Skinny Taste – I actually made this for Mike (my husband) for Valentine’s last year and he loved it!!)
- Leave a special note in a loved one’s lunch bag or coat pocket.
- Buy your loved one’s favorite candy as a gift, include a note about how sweet they are.
- No time to bake? Stop at a bakery and pick up a special treat to share… Mike is in love with Dairy Queen so last year I stopped and picked up his favorite Blizzard on the way home. I put it in the freezer and then took it out after dinner as a special surprise. He was pretty happy!
- Don’t have a dinner reservation? Check if your favorite restaurant offers take-out. Eat at home while watching a movie.
- Think outside the box. You may not be able to get a restaurant reservation, but I bet you can still drop in at a rock-climbing gym, get tickets to a local sporting event or find a salsa dancing or sushi-making class.
Happy Valentine’s Day!